Tour Sewell, World Heritage
Tour Sewell, Called the city of stairs , it corresponds to a former mining camp with over 100 years of history, which served as a room for the miners of El Teniente Mine . On the Tour you visit the civic district , the Church , breadstick , Tenient Club , cabins Workers, Employees and Industrial Buildings , the central staircase , Morgan Square and the Museum of the Great Copper mining . You will see the rials , arrival point of the mineral to the concentrator of Sewell and the crater site of el Teniente.
Tour Sewell – Fees Valid from April 1st – 2018 to March 30th -2019
Scheduled tours on Saturdays and Sundays
|Passengers||from Santiago||from Rancagua|
|Foreigners between 7 and 75 years||$47.000||$42.000|
|Adults between 25 and 59 years||$47.000||$42.000|
|Students between 7 and 24 years||$42.000||$37.000|
|National Adult between 60 and 75 years||$42.000||$37.000|
- Transportation in a tourist bus full equipped
- Tourist bilingual guide
- Lunch in Millan Restaurant
- Liability insurance and personal accident
- The tour includes an interesting route by the copper highway, that links the city of Rancagua with the El Teniente Mineral located in the Andes mountains with view to different installations and productives camps as Barahona dam: Alto Colon, Caletones and Sewell denominated the City of Stairs. Where you will visit the Civic Area, the Bowling, the central stairs and the Museum of the Great Copper Mine
- 08:30 am – Santiago – Parque Arauco Boulevard (street level parking between Av. Presidente Kennedy and Street Rosario Norte)
- 08:45 am – Santiago – Plaza Baquedano Zone- Parque Bustamante at one side of Movistar Building
- 10:30 am – Rancagua – Jumbo Copper Highway
- 18:00 pm – Rancagua – Jumbo – Copper Highway
- 19:45 pm – Santiago – Plaza Baquedano
- 20:30 – Santiago – Boulevard Parque Arauco
- Rut or Passport Number
- Departure Place
Important: Ages for the Tour range from 7 to 75 years old.
Health compatible with height (2.200 meters) and appropriate clothing for high mountain: long pants, parka, hat, gloves ,comfortable shoes. Admission is not allowed to people with sandals.
Clear sign of tour visit before entering Maitenes registering the complete name , nationality, rut or passport and ages of the visitors ,accident insurance, Codelco is released of all responsibility for damages or accident during the visit.